The Drunkest Euro 2020 Group Stage Games - Which Match Is The Wettest?
It’s official. Turkey versus Wales is set to be the booziest match of the Euro 2020 Group Stages. BettingOdds.com has examined each of the 24 competing countries to see which enjoys the royal sozzle the most.
Taking into account the Average Daily Intake in Grams of Pure Alcohol of each participating nation, an average of 4.257 pints of beer will be drunk from supporters of the two countries in the Group A clash on Wednesday 16 June, or the equivalent of 7.331 330ml bottles, to top the list of any fixture in the 36-game Group Stage.
According to Our World In Data, in the United States, a standard drink contains approximately 14 grams of pure alcohol, which is the amount typically found in 12 ounces (355 mL) of regular beer, 5 ounces (150 mL) of wine, or 1.5 ounces (45 mL) of spirit (1). From this foundation, the calculations have been worked out for the 330ml and 1 pint servings more familiar to a British readership.
The results are based on data taken from World Population Review (aside from North Macedonia, which is worked out based on data taken from the World Health Organisation). For the purpose of consistency and fairness, the Home Nations (England, Scotland, and Wales) all use the same data compiled from the results of the combined United Kingdom.
Take a look below at the illuminating list of illustrious imbibers.
Booziest Games of the Group Stages
1. Turkey vs Wales (Group A) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 7.331 Pints Consumed: 4.257
2. Switzerland vs Turkey (Group A) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 7.092 Pints Consumed: 4.119
3. Turkey vs Italy (Group A) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 6.731 Pints Consumed: 3.909
4. Belgium vs Russia (Group B) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.978 Pints Consumed: 3.472
5. = Hungary vs Portugal (Group F) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.792 Pints Consumed: 3.365
= Finland vs Russia (Group B) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.792 Pints Consumed: 3.365
7. = Czech Republic vs England (Group D) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.763 Pints Consumed: 3.347
= Scotland vs Czech Republic (Group D) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.763 Pints Consumed: 3.347
9. Portugal vs Germany (Group F) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.755 Pints Consumed: 3.342
10. Portugal vs France (Group F) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 5.725 Pints Consumed: 3.324
Driest Games of the Group Stages
1. North Macedonia vs Netherlands (Group C) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 3.911 Pints Consumed: 2.271
2. Ukraine vs North Macedonia (Group C) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.211 Pints Consumed: 2.445
3. Netherlands vs Ukraine (Group C) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.295 Pints Consumed: 2.494
4. Italy vs Switzerland (Group A) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.341 Pints Consumed: 2.521
5. = Austria vs North Macedonia (Group C) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.395 Pints Consumed: 2.552
= Netherlands vs Austria (Group C) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.480 Pints Consumed: 2.601
7. Spain vs Sweden (Group E) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.503 Pints Consumed: 2.615
8. Italy vs Wales (Group A) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.580 Pints Consumed: 2.659
9. Denmark vs Finland (Group B) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.764 Pints Consumed: 2.767
10. Ukraine vs Austria (Group C) 330ml Bottles Consumed: 4.779 Pints Consumed: 2.776
Euro 2020 Groups From Booziest To Soberest (Based On The Average Daily Intake in Grams of Pure Alcohol Per Person In Each Nation)
1. Group A - Turkey (61.7g) Italy (25.9) Wales (33.7g) Switzerland (30.6g) - Total: 151.9g
2. Group F - Hungary (37g) Portugal (38.4g) France (36.1g) Germany (36.5g) - Total: 148g
3. Group D - England (33.7g) Croatia (32.4g) Scotland (33.7g) Czech Republic (41.3g) - Total: 141.1g
4. Group B - Denmark (30.1g) Finland (31.9g) Belgium (34.3g) Russia (43.5g) - Total: 139.8g
5. Group E - Spain (31.5g) Sweden (27.1g) Poland (37g) Slovakia (35.8g) - Total: 131.4g
6. Group C - Netherlands (26g) Ukraine (29.9g) Austria (32.3g) North Macedonia (24.9g) - Total: 113.1g