Betfair Sign Up Offers & Promo Codes 2023
Formed in June 2000 Betfair have been one of the industry leaders over the last two decades. They have very much revolutionised the online betting horizon and are now home to the biggest internet betting exchange in the world.
Betfair Bookmaker Rating
Rating: 4.3 Stars
- Dual Platform with both Sportsbook and Exchange
- Same game multi feature
- Reliable cash out feature
- Excellent amount of markets
- Inplay betting fitting perfectly with the exchange
- Reliable and well-designed apps and desktop
- Rewards for existing customers
- Refer & Earn scheme
The exchange can be a little complicated to understand for new customers
What is Betfair Sportsbook's sign up offer?
New customers who place a £10 bet can receive £10 in the form of a free bet builder at odds of a minimum of 1/2 (1.5). This reward is valid for 30 days and can be repeated up to 3 times (giving you a maximum of £30 in free bet builders). This offer is only valid for deposits made via a debit card. Full T&Cs will apply.
What is the Betfair Exchange's sign up offer?
New customers aged 18 and over who place a bet on the exchange can get up to £20 back as cash if their first bet places loses. Bet must be placed in the first 7 days of the account being pending. Payment restrictions apply for the promotion. T&Cs apply.
The fact Betfair has both a betting exchange and a standard sportsbook makes it unique in comparison to the other standard British bookmakers.
Punters can easily switch between to the two platforms with the exchange offering a load of advantages that are not available elsewhere.
The fact that punters are betting against each other rather than a bookie means that both the backing and laying of a bet are available. This then opens up potential odds-trading opportunities where punters can profit from odds movement and get themselves a green book where they are profiting whatever the outcome of the event.
However, for us the biggest advantage is simply the value that can be found in some of the markets.
Punters can set their own odds and ask for a price to be matched by a fellow peer which often results in a much bigger price than what they would be offered by a standard bookmaker.
Betfair have always been one of the best in the business when it comes to innovation and they were in fact the first bookmaker to introduce the cash out feature. The ability to cash out your bet still remains today and unlike some online bookmakers Betfair allows the customer to do this with accumulators.
As well as providing an extensive range of markets Betfair has features such as the same game multi where punters can combine markets such as a player to be carded and a player to score. However one element of this feature that sets Betfair apart is the ability to add shots on target selections into the multi. This allows the punter to easily create a big price for the same game multi and gives the accumulator feeling for just one match which tends to suit many small scale bettors.
What are the Responsible Gambling tools at Betfair?
When it comes to player protection tools, Befair has many features that customers can use should they require to do so.
- Loss Limit
- This allows customers to be able to set a limit on their losses, they can control the amount and set the time that losses stop at.
- Reverse pending withdrawals
- Punters have the decision to switch on or off the ability to reverse pending withdrawals once they have made them.
- Deposit Limits
- This allows customers to limit the amount you can deposit in hours and days and most importantly cannot be overridden.
- Reality Checks
- Notifications can be set up to help punters manage their time. For example if Betfair would send a pop up notification reminding the customer they have been logged in for a certain amount of time.
- This allows short breaks to be taken from betting or gaming with Betfair. It can be done so in 24 hours, 48 hours, 7 days or 30 days.
- Self Exclusion
- In cases where customers feel they are at risk of developing a problem or currently have a problem, they can use self-exclusion which prevents use of Betfair for a period of either 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years.
What are the Payment Options available at Betfair?
- Debit Card
- Paddy Power Shops
- Wire Transfer
*Payment options correct as of 16/11/2021